Se abre una convocatoria para contratar investigadores postdoc y predoc en el Instituto UC3M-Santander de Big Data. El contrato comenzaría en el Q2 de 2024 y su duración es de dos años con posibilidad de prórroga.
El plazo de presentación de solicitudes finaliza el 15 de marzo y deben enviarse a través de este formulario.
Estos son los detalles:
2024 Multiple Researcher Positions
The UC3M-Santander Big Data Institute (IBiDat) (www.ibidat.es) is a joint initiative by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid and Banco Santander. It was founded in 2015 and it has rapidly become an institution of reference in the areas of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics in Spain. IBiDat’s goal is to apply cutting-edge research to solve industry problems, participate in research and innovation projects funded by different national, European and international agencies and develop specific industry-based training and teaching activities in the area of Big Data Analytics.
The Institute counts with a team of 8 full-time outstanding researchers as well as more than 40 fellow affiliated researchers from multiple disciplines: statistics, economics, finance, computer science, engineering, etc.
IBiDat is located in Madrid, one of the most livable and enjoyable cities in Europe that offers an exceptional offer of recreational activities.
As a high quality research institute, the Postdocs in IBiDat should be capable of performing those tasks expected from an early career faculty in academia adapted to the institute’s focus on R&D applied to industry challenges. This offers our Postdocs a twofold career development in both academia and industry towards his/her next professional step.
We offer positions at different level of research career development including predoc and postdoc positions.
The main tasks performed by IBiDat researchers include:
- Lead and participate in R&D projects with private companies.
- Lead and participate in proposal preparation for competitive public and private funding programs such as: EU programs (Horizon Europe), National and Regional Research Programs and Private Companies Research Programs.
- Conduct high quality research that leads to publications in top venues (journals and conferences).
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Extra economic compensation might be possible through the participation in projects and/or teaching activities of the Institute.
- Duration: 2 years (1+1). The continuation for the second year (upon available funding) will be confirmed through a performance assessment of the first year.
- Extension further than 2 years could be possible, subject to funding availability and performance criteria.
- Tentative Starting Date: Q2 2024.
- For Postdoc positions:
- a PhD degree in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related fields on the starting date.
- Experience in R&D projects with companies or from public funding programs.
- Good publication record in top journals and/or conferences in the discipline of the candidate.
- For Predoc positions:
- a Master or Bachelor degree in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related fields on the starting date.
- Participation in R&D projects or previous experience in research initiatives is a plus but not mandatory.
- Technical Skills:
- Web Programming skills
- Analytical and modelling skills
- Knowledge of Data Analysis Programming Languages: R, Python and/or Spark.
- Knowledge of DataBases: MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Algorithms.
- Capacity to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
* If you do not meet some of these requirements, we strongly recommend you to still apply since our goal is hiring talented people who will be able to rapidly learn new skills
- Interested candidates should send by email:
- A statement of interest including the objectives to be achieved in the position.
- A curriculum vitae (with picture included).
- Two letters of reference.
- DEADLINE for applications: March 15th, 2024.