Se abre una convocatoria para contratar a un programador full stack en el Instituto UC3M-Santander de Big Data. El contrato comenzaría en el Q2 de 2024 y su duración es de dos años con posibilidad de prórroga.
Las solicitudes deben enviarse a través de este formulario.
Estos son los detalles:
About the Institute
The UC3M-Santander Big Data Institute (IBiDat) (www.ibidat.es) is a joint initiative by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid and Banco Santander. It was founded in 2015 and it has rapidly become an institution of reference in the areas of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics in Spain. IBiDat’s goal is to apply cutting-edge research to solve industry problems, participate in research and innovation projects funded by different national, European and international agencies and develop specific industry-based training and teaching activities in the area of Big Data Analytics.
The Institute counts with a team of 8 full-time outstanding researchers as well as more than 40 fellow affiliated researchers from multiple disciplines: statistics, economics, finance, computer science, engineering, etc.
IBiDat is located in Madrid, one of the most livable and enjoyable cities in Europe that offers an exceptional offer of recreational activities.
IBiDat seeks a full-stack developer to work in a very dynamic environment.
The selected candidate is expected to be an active member of the different projects IBiDat executes, including highly innovative research projects and tech-transfer projects to the industry.
IBiDat offers a very friendly atmosphere to work with high flexibility in working hours and the possibility of remote work several days per week.
- Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Extra economic compensation might be possible through the participation in projects and/or teaching activities of the Institute.
- Initial Duration: 2 years (1+1). The continuation for the second year will be confirmed through a performance assessment of the first year.
- Extension further than 2 years is possible subject to funding availability and performance criteria.
- Tentative Starting Date: Q2 2024.
- Participate and occasionaly lead the projects of the Institute
- Help in the preparation of project proposals in public funding calls and commercial offers to companies
- Develop high quality software as part of the projects
- Produce the reporting and technical documentation for projects
- A degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Data Science or related fields
- Experience in backend programming, system adminsitration and operating systems
- Experience with cloud platforms: AWS, Google Cloud, Cloudflare, etc
- Experience in Machine Learning and Data Science programming: Python, R, Pandas, etc
- Experience with BigData programming: Spark, Scala, Hadoop, etc
- Good communications and writting skills
- Able to communicate in Spanish and English.
- Previous experience in research institutions or centers.
* If you do not meet some of these requirements, we strongly recommend you to still apply since our goal is hiring talented people who will be able to rapidly learn new skills